- Written by: Tomie dePaola
- Illustrated by: Tomie dePaola
- Published by: Simon & Schuster
- Read by: Mary Steenburgen
- Suggested grade level: 1st – 2nd
Strega Nona – “Grandma Witch” – is the source for potions, cures, magic and comfort in her Calabrian town. Her magical ever-full pasta pot is especially intriguing to hungry Big Anthony. He is supposed to look after her house and tend her garden, but one day, when she goes over the mountain to visit Strega Amelia, Big Anthony recites the magic verse over the pasta pot, with disastrous results.